You can join two or more MP3 files together in several ways with this handy tool. Direct MP3 Joiner provides you with four helpful joining modes, including one for batch processes. It allows you to manage the ID3 tag information of your MP3 files, and it includes its own MP3 player. You can sort the files on your list very quickly by duration, file length, bit rate, or by any available ID3 tag.
This program presents a conservative and modest user-interface, whose visual design could be widely enhanced. Here you can select individually all the source MP3 files you want to merge, and they will be displayed on a special tabular panel together with detailed information about them, such as the track duration, file size, bit and sampling rates, track title, artist name, album name, genre, etc. You can click on any of these columns to sort your list, though you can also change the file order manually.
You can select one joining mode among the four available – Joiner, Batch mode, Append mode, and Mix mode. The Joiner mode is good for merging all files on your list in a single large MP3 file, while the Batch mode creates several new files, each containing a fixed number of source files. The Append mode joins the first file on your list to the beginning or the end of all the other files, and, finally, the Mix mode allows you to mix the first file on your list with each of the remaining files. All these modes – excepting for the Mix mode – allow you to insert a silence between files, whose duration can be easily customized.
The joining process is very quick, and it preserves the original quality of your source MP3 files. There are some additional parameters that you can configure through the "Options" window, though choosing a preferred output folder is not one of them.
- Provides you with four helpful joining modes.
- Allows you to manage the ID3 tag information of your source MP3 files.
- You can listen to any MP3 file on your list.
- Allows you to sort your source file list by any of the available fields - including ID3 tags - with one click.
- You can also sort your source list manually.
- Most joining modes allow you to insert a silence between the joined files
- Poor visual design.
- Does not allow you to add your source MP3 files by folders.
- You cannot select a custom output folder